Saturday, February 23, 2013

Digital Story

Here is my digital story!  I created my story using Storybird.

 My digital story has gone through many changes.  Originally, my students were going to create a story, in groups, based on our Writing for Many Purposes writing unit.  The stories were going to flow like The Jolly Postman.  The students would then illustrate their stories, and I would record the students telling them.

The blizzard, however, threw a wrench into those plans.  The time-table I had was not enough, so I had to go back to the drawing board.  That's when my new idea came to me.  Our next writing unit is persuasive writing.  I have begun planning, and collecting mentor texts.  After I read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, we were going to talk about the pigeon's reasons to get us to let him drive the bus.  Using Storybird, I created a story about a persuasive little girl named Imogene.  The students and I will discuss how persuasive Imogene is, and revise my story to make Imogene more persuasive.


10 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! Please let me know how it goes. I also do a persuasive unit with my students. Isn't it funny how plans change and a good thing comes from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee! And you are right; it's crazy how things change! I suppose this was meant to be.

      Delete
  2. Bryan, I really enjoyed your story. Even though you were unable to use your original idea for your project I feel you created something that was still very meaningful for your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your story Bryan, very creative and fun! You'll have to let me know how your students liked it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I will let you know how it goes!

      Delete
  4. I think that is a wonderful interactive way to get your students contributing to a persuasive writing. I'm sure that they will be engaged and have a good time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story was amazing. What a creative idea for persuasive writing. I’m glad that you were able to create something so useful. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing story and a great way to teach persuasion! I am interested to hear how the unit goes with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your story and I have to agree with everyone a great way to teach persuasive writing!!! YOU GO BRYAN!!!

    ReplyDelete